Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Race week

As I'm sitting here I have 3 days until Tough Mudder Wisconsin *deep breath* 

I can't tell you how excited I am, or how nervous. I've trained, I've mentally prepped, and I have 2 BA soldiers going into this with me, but the nerves are still there. On the bright side I am also VERY excited! Everything has fallen into place nicely. I've got my duds ready and I'm winding down the workouts.

This week has been rest so far, today I plan to tear my legs up and tomorrow hit total upper body. After that Thursday and Friday will be travel and rest days, with a nice meal Friday night, then RACE DAY! 

I decided on full length all weather tights and a Nike Pro Combat compression top with sleeves. So far the forecast is showing a high of 83 and a low of 60, partly cloudy all day, but there will be a breeze. My thought was with the Arctic Enema being the first obstacle (jumping into a giant dumpster filled with ice water, pictured below) if I run into backup at any other obstacles the cold might start causing my muscles to cramp up, so I opted for warmer, quick drying clothing. 

Arctic Enema

The other obstacle weighing heavy on my mind is Electroshock Therapy. TM offers the following description



 "Sprint through a field of live wires — some carrying as much as 10,000 volts of electric shock. Watch out for hay bales and deep mud, or you will face-plant into some electrifying mud. Some Mudders℠ try to stealthily wind their way through the wires without getting shocked, while others barrel forward to get through as quickly as possible. Either way, you are guaranteed to get zapped with as much as 10,000 volts of electricity and it does NOT tickle. This is always the last obstacle Mudders must overcome before they cross the finish line."


One lucky lady in the throes of "Electroshock Therapy"

I feel like there is really no way to prepare for this. I mean honestly who wakes up and says "I better train for electroshock today" and goes to find some live wires to run through. My plan is to cover my face (after hearing stories of eyebrows being singed off, etc) and barrel through as quickly as I can after 12 miles.....yeah....wish me luck on that! The girl in the photo looks like she is having tons of fun right!?

All in all I know I'm ready, I've trained and I've been waiting, but I'm still shaking in my Asics. 
I can't wait until I can tell you all about the experience and how I rocked it. 

Can't quit, won't quit, NO QUIT! 








No comments:

Post a Comment