Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Minneapolis Meetup and 150 days with Fierce Forward

Life has been a whirlwind since my last post! The Fierce Forward Minneapolis Meetup was such an amazing success I've honestly been struggling to put it into words. There were so many beautiful souls each with their own story and passions. It was such a privilege to get acquainted with everyone and a great inspiration to hear about what they are doing with their lives. 

Meeting Ashley Johns was like coming home. It felt like we had always been friends! I have a sneaking suspicion she gets that often as she has a way of making everyone around her feel as special as they are.  
We all had the pleasure of starting the day with a yoga session in the park where our instructor, Vicky, led us through a gentle practice and shared the story of finding her purpose. Afterwards was a gorgeous, but H-O-T 5K with Ash around Lake Calhoun. That evening we got the chance to meet up again to do some goal digging and create our vision boards. Our location was graciously provided by Minneapolis local and total sweetheart Heather Lindeborg who is a Fierce Fighter, Bikini Competitor and creator of The Peachy Lean Life

After goal digging I had the privilege of an impromptu and absolutely beautiful dinner with Ashley and NQ girls Kate H. and Katie S. It was full of amazing food, a few nice cocktails and some much needed girl talk about what is happening in our lives and what our future plans are. I left feeling amazingly refreshed and knowing I needed more moments like that in my life. 

A huge and special thank you also needs to go out to Melissa Stevens for her help in creating the Best Day Ever. Ashley put together a wonderful video with the highlights of our day that you can view here


This week also marked the kick off of the 150 days of Fierce Forward campaign! I have been SO excited to help promote and most importantly participate in this challenge. It is designed to help you make the most of the remaining days of 2014! Each day you do at least one thing to continue working towards your goals. Then share it for support and encouragement using the hashtag #150daysoffierceforward. I spent some time working in my journal and searching my heart to really see what I wanted to focus on. Here is what I have done so far!




Day 1: I kicked off my project with a run! (no surprise there) I really focused on pushing past my comfort zone as well as finishing with a proper cool down and stretch (which I usually skip with an 'aint nobody got time for that attitude)




Day 2: I sent out some LOVE snail mail style! There is something so nice about receiving a handwritten card. The world needs more of this! I'm taking it back.




Day 3: I had some rare and beautiful one on one time with my Mama! We laughed, we cried (OK I cried) I didn't want to let her go. It was just what I needed. 



I am so very excited to see how this project will help me grow and realize my goals for the rest of the year. If you are participating along with me I would love to hear what you're doing so please keep in touch with me here or through my Facebook page, and as always HAPPY TRAINING! 






1 comment: