Sunday, June 2, 2013

New art!

May was an exciting month for me both in terms of training as well as developing No quit in her. In addition to increasing my weekly miles run I was able to complete the project of new art for my Facebook page and of course this blog!

I was fortunate enough to be able to hire a friend, Kitty Redden, (who just happens to be a graphic art genius) to help me turn my ramblings into something real. My first thought was to embody the concept of the phoenix. I felt the legend of the bird being cyclically reborn was a perfect analogy for NQ, but I wasn't sold on the typical art associated with a phoenix so we branched out. 

It was very important to me to put a touch of myself and my style into the art and with that in mind we settled on the Valkyrie wings.  In Norse mythology the Valkyrie is one of a host of female figures who decide which soldiers live in battle and which die. It's easy to change the story and apply it to your life. You are a soldier, the battle is your day to day relationship with health and wellness. You can choose to "live" by focusing on making positive choices for yourself. You can earn your own set of  Valkyrie wings! 

We started with my scribbles. With Kitty being based out of Washington state we had to communicate via the internet but we were able to send photos back and forth to help us zero in on the finished project.


After a few sketches and a first draft we settled on a blue/black color scheme and kept it pretty clean and simple. My hope was for it to be eye catching and convey a feeling of strength. However, I didn't want anything overly busy or overwhelming. 


It was so exciting for me to see my vision come together, and take this step towards making my dream a reality. I honestly couldn't be more excited to share this with you. I hope that when you see the art you are reminded of how strong you are. Once you've made the choice to live nothing can hold you back! The power to grow and change is in your hands. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts, as always drop me a line anytime and happy training! 






No comments:

Post a Comment