Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Legs, meet Summit Trainer

Hills. Oh hills. If you've read before you know that hills and I are not BFFs, due mostly to me being chronically undertrained for them. This is something I'm determined to remedy by my marathon in October and today I got off to a good start.

One of the cool things about doing a lot of indoor training at a nice gym is the abundance of outstanding cardio machines available for cross training days! Today I decided to try out the "Summit Trainer". 

It was my first time using one and standing next to it I thought "Hey, how bad can it be?" It was about 5 minutes after I started that I realized what a stupid question that was. I had selected the "Hills" program, though the motion of the machine itself is good practice for them. The first change in resistance was a pretty big challenge and 40 minutes later I realized we were going to have a very sweaty, productive, love-hate relationship. 

I'm excited and really hoping adding this to the mix will help me over the hump of hill training! (get it…little pun there) 

Onward and upward I go! (there I go again…hahaha) 

and Happy Training to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment