Monday, June 2, 2014

New meaning to NQ

No Quit 26(.2) Day 7 almost didn't happen. My morning began in rush. I was hurrying to get my boys to the sitter so I could get to the post office, make a mad dash to the bank 30 miles away to take care of business there, then zip over to the coffee shop nearby where I purchased my first bit of sustenance for the day; A caramel macchiato (I'm not proud) just so I could get their Wi-Fi code and return emails and phone calls in a timely fashion. (just reading that was exhausting, right?) 

As I was sucking down my coffee, glued to my MacBook screen I noticed it begin to sprinkle outside and I started muttering to myself. At this point I only had 1.5 hours of childcare left and I still needed to get home, get myself together, and run before I had to pick them up. With my husband out of town my only chance to do the workouts laid out in my training plan is when I have help with the boys, so time is a factor. The workout for today was to Run 10 mins at a challenging pace then walk 1 minute and repeat 3X. 

My mind immediately started jumping to excuses "Maybe today can just be your rest day, you have so much to do, is this really that important?" But the answer was an easy one. Yes, it really was that important. Excuses do not a marathoner make. It can be very discouraging and overwhelming thinking about how far I have to go and completing these workouts that don't seem like much at the time; but I know that if I am consistent and put in the effort now I will be able to cross that finish line with pride when the time comes. Knowing I put in the time and sweat equity to make it happen. Every day I have to remind myself of how much I want this, and why. I packed up and walked out of the coffee shop with a new resolve, smiling as the sprinkles hit my face. 

The run turned out to be some unintentional heat training. The rain stopped and the humidity picked up quite a bit. It wasn't pretty (literally, think beet face and buckets of sweat) but I got it done. 

Today I didn't have the time I chose to make the time to do the work. No Quit was put to the test, and I'm proud to say, passed!

1 comment:

  1. Love you! XOXO. Way to kick those obstacles in the face! So proud and inspired!

    ReplyDelete