Sunday, June 1, 2014

Epic Finish!

I'm writing from the end of my first week of marathon training! (prepare for lots of exclamation points because I'm so excited!!!!!….see, told you.)

As you know I've been using the 26.2 Premium plan from Run the Edge and I am LOVING it! It's so fun and flexible! I had wanted to earn the "Legendary" finish so badly but I just didn't make the time to get that last run today that would have given me the extra push, so I had to settle for 17 points. They added up to "epic".  Not what I had wanted, but still not bad for such a hectic week, if I do say so.

This week of training did so much for me! It cut down on my mileage, but I feel like doing so added quality to my runs in the areas of form and speed. The most notable change was getting me back into the weight room. I've decided to use my cross training days to do about 30 minutes on a low impact cardio machine and use the remainder of my time to get back into weight training. I honestly feel that so many runners under-utilize weights. They are such a great tool that can help build explosive power and endurance, and I am so excited to work them back into my routine. It's hard for me because with the warmer weather the temptation to be outdoors is so strong, but I figure I can still get my fix by taking my tikes on walks or little jogs, hiking, and hopefully getting some beach time in for the whole family! (We are moving to the "Land of 10,000 Lakes, there's got to be a few beaches around, right?)

I'm taking some time today to really lay out a plan and focus on what I want to accomplish in the area of training and eating right as the week goes on. It's going to bring some big challenges as we are loading up the truck and moving to Minnesota next weekend. This means purposely running the groceries down, lots of packing, and disrupted schedules on top of hours on the road but I'm confident if I stay focused and committed I can still earn my "legendary" finish next week!

Though I'm exhausted, the last 6 days have been a huge blessing. They left me with a renewed commitment to my goals and a wonderful sense of wellbeing from a job well done. I'm wishing you all the best in the week ahead! Here is to staying on track together, and as always

HAPPY TRAINING!

No comments:

Post a Comment