Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 14

Excuse my French but, shit just got real. 

It's week 14 of my Run the Edge plan. I have been loosely following it, knowing I should be doing better, but telling myself I had time. Seeing as I have 97 days until my Marathon I figured I better buckle down. Today I took out my training journal to see what was in store for this week and found my workouts laid out as follows.

Run 50 minutes
Run 35 minutes
Cross Train
Run 10 minutes, Jog 2 minutes: Repeat 5X
Cross Train
Run 8 miles


It's going to be a tough week and it only gets more challenging from here. Am I up for it? Yes. Am I shaking in my Adidas? Yup.

I've been struggling with runners knee as well as some lingering back pain. Luckily I found a good chiropractor on recommendation from one of T's new co-workers! I am seeing him later this week and will be reporting back. I'm hoping he can get cracking (pun intended) on my back issues and that will in turn straighten out some of the knee problems. In my past experience chiropractic care is immensely helpful when it comes to athletic training of any kind, especially running. With regular care I was expending less effort to propel myself forward, and could bounce back much more quickly from a tough workout. This week, and for the foreseeable future, I could use all the help I can get!

On the wellness front I have finally found an ACV cocktail that I can get down! I am doing 

1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 TBSP ACV
1 tsp Honey &
1 splash of lime juice

I am only drinking this once daily due to the juice (which I don't normally drink) I'm hoping I can still get the benefits from the ACV even though I'll be taking in less then the "recommended" dose for Acne. I also recently started using proactive and have been getting surprisingly good results so between the two hopefully we will have a winner in the war on acne! (can I get a whoop WHOOP!?

I'd love to hear what your goals are for this week! Head over to my Facebook page and shout it out, then check back in at the end of the week for accountability. I'll be doing the same! 

Happy Training and have an awesome week! 







No comments:

Post a Comment